The developers seem to be very interested in developing ROMs for Android devices. The popular Samsung Galaxy S2 has got the Android Ice Cream Sandwich update. If you want to update the same on your S2, then proceed with this article for Samsung Galaxy S2 Upgrade to Android 4.
The rooting and ROMs installation processes may lead to data loss. It’s better to stay away, if you are trying it for the first time. Still, if you are proceeding ahead, then do at your own risk.
- As said, the data loss may happen due to process. So take back up of data before starting with the process.
- Plug the charger in and let your phone to charge till it touches the 80 percent mark at least.
Procedure for Samsung Galaxy S2 Upgrade to Android 4
- Download the Android 4.0 for Galaxy S2 from here.
- Download the Odin version 1.85 from here.
- Press the Volume Down and Home buttons. It will take you to the Download Mode which get confirmed by appearance of Samsung Logo on screen.
- Open Odin on your computer. Now connect the device using the data cable.
- One of ID:COM boxes, that you see in the Odin, will turn yellow.
- Perform the following steps.Click PDA button and choose file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click Phone and click file ‘MODEM’.
- Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name.
- Click on PIT and tap on the .pit file.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button in Odin
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 will reboot on successful installation.
That’s all over. You are done with process of Samsung Galaxy S2 Upgrade to Android 4.